Welcome to Talk Arcades, the premier forum for arcade webmasters.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. By joining our community you will be able to make posts, communicate privately with other arcade webmasters and talk advantage of the GameFeed™ Distribution Network for 1-click installation of games into your arcade.
Registration is easy, so please join us today!
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|12-22-2016, 03:40 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Davenport, Iowa
To get traffic to an arcade site you have to get it from Google search, links from other arcades that get good traffic, top sites that get good traffic, arcade banner exchanges, buy traffic, and games with your links in them that other arcades with good traffic add to their site. Adding social
shares on the games and site may also help.
1. With Google search a good way to get traffic is to search other arcades and look at their link partners. Go through their partners and find a site that has closed and have lost their domain. You can search that domain at Go Daddy to see if it is available. Then, if it is do a check Mozrank of that domain. If it has Mozrank it will help you rank. Search the back links of that domain to see if it has back links to it. Also, you can take the name of that site and do a search for the keywords at a keyword tool called Jaaxy. Jaaxy will tell you how many monthly searches that keyword gets, the QSR which is the competition to rank, and the SEO score of that keyword which is how easy it is to rank. Jaaxy will also list other keywords similar to that keyword and give you the same info on it. By doing this you can find all kinds of keywords and niche names that you can rank for in Google. I have a site I with domain SuperFlash and it did not rank well in Google. I did a Jaaxy keyword check of that keyword and found keywords that get 500 searches a month and is really easy to rank. I changed my site name to that and added 200 more games and now I rank 13 in Google for those keywords. If you are doing a niche site only add games from that niche because relevance matters in niche and add as much content in that niche as possible. Pages and content help you rank in Google. If it is a general arcade name you want to add thousands of games in many categories to help rank. Of course good back links help but that is hard to get until you can offer something in return.
2. Links from other arcades with traffic works but it is also hard to do unless you can send them traffic as well.
3. There are many top sites but I have found that Top20 free is a good one. It actually sends traffic and if you click the link to it everyday expect 2 - 3 hits back a day. The more you send to it the more you get back. But, it has to be unique. It will only count your hit once a day.
4. Arcade banner exchanges give free impressions to get you stated. Add those banners to your site with the Top20 Free link in a good spot for clicks. FunKlicks gives lots of traffic.
5. Buying traffic is expensive and may not give you the return you want.
6. Games are also very expensive and you need a very good quality game for traffic and that costs quite a bit.
So, I would say the best thing to do with a small budget is go the Google route, add the banners exchanges to your site, and put the link to Top 20 Free in a good spot.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|3-way Link Exchange PR5 High Traffic Arcade/Flash Game Website||boomheadshot||Link Exchanges||2||12-16-2011 08:52 PM|
|A newbies handbook to traffic trading.||texastorm||Traffic Trading Theory||30||08-15-2011 12:26 PM|
|What Works Best To Drive Traffic To Your Games WebSite?||FreeGamesValley_com||Talk Arcades||4||08-03-2009 10:43 PM|
|1:1 Traffic exchange The dirty trueth exposed!||gubugnet||Traffic Trading Requests||7||02-01-2009 07:04 PM|
|Picking 1:1 traffic exchanges & reading Alexa properly||gubugnet||Marketing||11||07-14-2008 11:03 AM|