Advertise here

  Talk Arcades > Arcades > Marketing

Welcome to Talk Arcades, the premier forum for arcade webmasters.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. By joining our community you will be able to make posts, communicate privately with other arcade webmasters and talk advantage of the GameFeed™ Distribution Network for 1-click installation of games into your arcade.

Registration is easy, so please join us today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 11-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
dmm2020
Arcade Elite
 
dmm2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Posts: 1,034
dmm2020 is on a distinguished roaddmm2020 is on a distinguished road


Default Write Articles to Promote Your Website

Since my previous solicitation on articles for my Fish-N-Sports website, it is obvious that only a few see the value of article writing and why it is recommended for SEO purposes, so I thought I would write a bit about it. Actually, I didn't write most of this. The idea has been around a long time and an often ignored resource. What I want to do with this article is expound on what the original author says and explain more why I want to find and get people to write more. My own words are in plain font with the original in italics. The rest belongs to the original author.


Why Do SEO Experts Rave About Article Writing?

You have no doubt heard about some of the benefits you can get from submitting to article directories. But you probably don't know how valuable article submissions can be:

Attracts Prospects That Would not Have Heard Of You Otherwise.


With each submitted article, you are casting your net wider, reaching new customers and traffic that would have never discovered your website before. This is way more effective than link exchanges because people that read your articles are as a result targeted traffic when they click your link at the bottom of each of your articles. They are pre-sold essentially and less likely to be part of your bounce traffic you would see in many link exchanges.



Boosts The Credibility of You and Your Business.


In the first instance because of the simple fact that you're the writer of a published article, and on top of that because submitting often to several article directories will cause your articles to be often seen in the search engine results.


Increases Brand Recognition.


This is obvious. You have gained the focus of your targeted audience as soon as they read your posted article. A connection is made in the reader's mind between the topic of the article and you. Many of them are going to want to know more and are more likely to follow your links than if you did simple link exchanges on other websites.


Creates Trust.


Your visitors are pre-sold through the knowledge displayed in your articles.To stay on your website and look around rather than become a bounce statistic. They are more likely to look beyond the home page of your site.



Attracts Targeted Visitors to Your Website.


Anyone who clicks on the links in the About The Author section after reading your article is highly-qualified traffic by the way they reached your website. You get traffic both from the website you posted your article in and from the visitors to sites and readers of newsletters that reproduce your article.


Provides Free Website Traffic For Many Years.


This traffic comes both from the sites of those who use your article and also from the directory itself. Articles will generally be persistent for years, where webmasters often remove links especially if they are non-performing. Most link exchanges yield small numbers of visits and they are not targeted most of the time. Visitors off link exchanges often bounce off the website after less than 5 minutes.



Improves Your Website's Page Rank and Alexa Rankings.

The more people who click on the links in the "About You" box, the more traffic your site gets. Since Alexa ranks sites based upon visitor numbers, this increases your rankings. Articles yield more SEO benefit because of two things, content and where they appear. Every links exchange page is nearly always PR0 if you look it up. Now if you look up page ranks on many of the articles out there, you are looking at PR3 or higher in most cases. Your link actually appears on a higher ranked page, rather than a PR0 page (that may or may not be on a PR3 or PR4 website).



Gives You Powerful Advertising At No Cost.

Your article makes you an expert. This warms visitors to you before they even arrive at your website. Article marketing empowers you to pre-sell your visitors effectively. It is free advertising or least it can be. To post ads on a website such as mine, the market prices can range into the thousands of dollars depending on the reach the ad may have.



Increases BackLinks And Google PR.


Search engines use the number and quality of backlinks together with the relevance of the anchor text to rank web pages in the search results. Having your articles found on many sites obviously means you will have a greater number of inbound links. This is from sites republishing the articles and also from the directories themselves. Now this differs from link exchanges as articles nearly always contain one-way links. These have higher value than link exchanges could ever hope to.



Enables You To Get More Out Of Content You Already Posses.


Your existing website content can be easily rewritten several times for submissions to article sites. If you get a good one, use it as a template to write others.



Provides A Way To Get No Cost Ads in Targeted Ezines.


Your About The Author Box at the bottom of your articles is an advertisement for your website. You are basically getting a free ad in their newsletter whenever newsletter publishers use your articles. Some sites where you submit articles will also allow you to display a banner ad at the bottom of your article. Be sure to check the submission guidelines first before doing that.



Generates More Profits.


The quality traffic and leads from the links in your About The Author Box naturally generates more sales. Article visitors frequently become purchasers. And it's very probable that if they do not immediately find what they are looking for, they'll click on your Adsense ads.


Hopefully you can now see just how much article marketing can do for your website . If you're not already submitting to article directories, it's time you got started.






Where to Submit Articles?

Well there are hundreds of article submission websites out there. Your best bet is to find the website that is the best fit for your article. If it has good content, and let's suppose your article is about fishing. If you submitted it to Fish-N-Sports your article is already targetted. If you submit it to a collector site on articles your content may not promote your website or your products as much as it should be. Yeah, use article submission websites, but also seek out websites specifically built around the content that fits your articles.

Source of originial article: http://ink.hubpages.com/hub/Benefits...le-Directories
__________________


Military Combat Games - come check my new website out!!! - The Casino Arcade - DMSOFT-WY.COM - Webmaster Blog Site

Last edited by dmm2020 : 11-03-2011 at 12:42 PM.
dmm2020 is offline  
Digg this Post!
Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
lemag
Arcade Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 721
lemag is on a distinguished roadlemag is on a distinguished road

MarketScore (7)

Default

usually when you copy and paste content from other websites it is preferred that you also post the original source of the article.

also, asking for hunting/fishing articles on arcade related forums doesn't mean we don't understand the value of articles. it's actually the fact that we don't care about that niche and have no benefit in writing a hunting article and point it to gaming websites where we don't have a single game with that topic.
__________________
Buy Steam, Origin, Uplay, GOG.com and Battle.net games at up to 60% discounts only at GameRobo.com
lemag is offline  
Digg this Post!
Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
pieman
Preferred Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 171
pieman is on a distinguished roadpieman is on a distinguished road

MarketScore (6)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemag View Post
usually when you copy and paste content from other websites it is preferred that you also post the original source of the article.
This gets forgotten about a lot round here
pieman is offline  
Digg this Post!
Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
dmm2020
Arcade Elite
 
dmm2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Posts: 1,034
dmm2020 is on a distinguished roaddmm2020 is on a distinguished road


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemag View Post
usually when you copy and paste content from other websites it is preferred that you also post the original source of the article.

also, asking for hunting/fishing articles on arcade related forums doesn't mean we don't understand the value of articles. it's actually the fact that we don't care about that niche and have no benefit in writing a hunting article and point it to gaming websites where we don't have a single game with that topic.
First, this is my article. It does contain paraphrasing that should be block quoted and sources posted and I will go in and take care of that when I get back. I used another article as a template and paraphrased some actually most of it. I should of put the credits in there from the get-go and will take care of that during my lunch hour. Anyway, at least two have shown total ignorance to the value of article writing in response to my original posts, or they don't like the niche so they chose to crap on it.

Second, why can't you have a game? Why not? Why can't it be about hunting games, fishing games, boating games, archery? Why not? There are people who are into that like me and those are who I want to recruit. Hunting-Fishingonline.com before that domain was hijacked by my previous host and got spammed when I let it go to co-pilot was getting just that. I am hoping to attract some of those back. Well not the spammers.

As far as not caring for the niche, that is good and dandy. I don't really care if you care or don't care about the niche. I am after those who do. You do not need to participate if you do not want to. No one is asking that. I got crapped on for asking for articles on the niche and that is the reason for this article to show why people don't "buy" articles as suggested. Buying articles is almost like buying links. You have to be careful about that. Plus to me, when you buy articles, they are $$$ motivated and do not come from the heart.

PS: Get over it.
__________________


Military Combat Games - come check my new website out!!! - The Casino Arcade - DMSOFT-WY.COM - Webmaster Blog Site

Last edited by dmm2020 : 11-03-2011 at 12:05 PM.
dmm2020 is offline  
Digg this Post!
Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
pieman
Preferred Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 171
pieman is on a distinguished roadpieman is on a distinguished road

MarketScore (6)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmm2020 View Post
First, this is my article. It does contain paraphrasing that should be block quoted and sources posted and I will go in and take care of that when I get back. I used another article as a template and paraphrased some of it. I should of put the credits in there from the get-go and will take care of that during my lunch hour.

Sorry, but when more than half the original article is unchanged, and all you have done is added a couple of sentences at the end of a couple of paragraphs, you can not call it "Yours" and it is not called "paraphrasing" it is actually called "plagiarism".

Paraphrasing would be a word you could have used if say, 20% of the article was unchanged from the original and the remaining 80% was yours. Then again, that is just my stinky opinion.

pieman is offline  
Digg this Post!
Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
dmm2020
Arcade Elite
 
dmm2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Posts: 1,034
dmm2020 is on a distinguished roaddmm2020 is on a distinguished road


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieman View Post
Sorry, but when more than half the original article is unchanged, and all you have done is added a couple of sentences at the end of a couple of paragraphs, you can not call it "Yours" and it is not called "paraphrasing" it is actually called "plagiarism".

Paraphrasing would be a word you could have used if say, 20% of the article was unchanged from the original and the remaining 80% was yours. Then again, that is just my stinky opinion.

I disagree. Anyway points are well taken. I did that all in short time and should of taken more time to do more original stuff. The sections that are not mine will be block quoted. I should of done that from the get-go along with a link to the original article. I suppose one could claim it plagarism until I get that in there. I can live with that.
__________________


Military Combat Games - come check my new website out!!! - The Casino Arcade - DMSOFT-WY.COM - Webmaster Blog Site
dmm2020 is offline  
Digg this Post!
Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
pieman
Preferred Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 171
pieman is on a distinguished roadpieman is on a distinguished road

MarketScore (6)

Default

To save you some time, I've taken the liberty of doing it for you.

You will see I have bolded all the pieces of text that you added to the original
(please note, the point is that you said "I wrote this" which you blatantly didnt, you added a couple of notes to another article that is not yours)


http://ink.hubpages.com/hub/Benefits...le-Directories

Quote:
Why Do SEO Experts Rave About Article Writing?

You have no doubt heard about some of the benefits you can get from submitting to article directories. But you probably don't know how valuable article submissions can be:

Attracts Prospects That Would not Have Heard Of You Otherwise.


With each submitted article, you are casting your net wider, reaching new customers and traffic that would have never discovered your website before. **This is way more effective than link exchanges because people that read your articles are as a result targeted traffic when they click your link at the bottom of each of your articles. They are pre-sold essentially and less likely to be part of your bounce traffic you would see in many link exchanges.**



Boosts The Credibility of You and Your Business.


In the first instance because of the simple fact that you're the writer of a published article, and on top of that because submitting often to several article directories will cause your articles to be often seen in the search engine results.


Increases Brand Recognition.


**This is obvious. You have gained the focus of your targeted audience as soon as they read your posted article.**
A connection is made in the reader's mind between the topic of the article and you.
**Many of them are going to want to know more and are more likely to follow your links than if you did simple link exchanges on other websites.**


Creates Trust.


Your visitors are pre-sold through the knowledge displayed in your articles.
**To stay on your website and look around rather than become a bounce statistic. They are more likely to look beyond the home page of your site.**



Attracts Targeted Visitors to Your Website.


Anyone who clicks on the links in the About The Author section after reading your article is highly-qualified traffic by the way they reached your website. You get traffic both from the website you posted your article in and from the visitors to sites and readers of newsletters that reproduce your article.


Provides Free Website Traffic For Many Years.


This traffic comes both from the sites of those who use your article and also from the directory itself.
**Articles will generally be persistent for years, where webmasters often remove links especially if they are non-performing. Most link exchanges yield small numbers of visits and they are not targeted most of the time. Visitors off link exchanges often bounce off the website after less than 5 minutes.**



Improves Your Website's Page Rank and Alexa Rankings.

The more people who click on the links in the **"About You"** box, the more traffic your site gets. Since Alexa ranks sites based upon visitor numbers, this increases your rankings.
** Articles yield more SEO benefit because of two things, content and where they appear. Every links exchange page is nearly always PR0 if you look it up. Now if you look up page ranks on many of the articles out there, you are looking at PR3 or higher in most cases. Your link actually appears on a higher ranked page, rather than a PR0 page (that may or may not be on a PR3 or PR4 website).**



Gives You Powerful Advertising At No Cost.

Your article makes you an expert. This warms visitors to you before they even arrive at your website. Article marketing empowers you to pre-sell your visitors effectively.
**It is free advertising or least it can be. To post ads on a website such as mine, the market prices can range into the thousands of dollars depending on the reach the ad may have.**



Increases BackLinks And Google PR.


Search engines use the number and quality of backlinks together with the relevance of the anchor text to rank web pages in the search results. Having your articles found on many sites obviously means you will have a greater number of inbound links. This is from sites republishing the articles and also from the directories themselves.
**Now this differs from link exchanges as articles nearly always contain one-way links. These have higher value than link exchanges could ever hope to.**



Enables You To Get More Out Of Content You Already Posses.


Your existing website content can be easily rewritten several times for submissions to article sites.
**If you get a good one, use it as a template to write others.**



Provides A Way To Get No Cost Ads in Targeted Ezines.


Your About The Author Box at the bottom of your articles is an advertisement for your website. You are basically getting a free ad in their newsletter whenever newsletter publishers use your articles.
**Some sites where you submit articles will also allow you to display a banner ad at the bottom of your article. Be sure to check the submission guidelines first before doing that.**



Generates More Profits.


The quality traffic and leads from the links in your About The Author Box naturally generates more sales. Article visitors frequently become purchasers. And it's very probable that if they do not immediately find what they are looking for, they'll click on your Adsense ads.


Hopefully you can now see just how much article marketing can do for your website . If you're not already submitting to article directories, it's time you got started.






Where to Submit Articles?

Well there are hundreds of article submission websites out there. Your best bet is to find the website that is the best fit for your article. If it has good content, and let's suppose your article is about fishing. If you submitted it to Fish-N-Sports your article is already targetted. If you submit it to a collector site on articles your content may not promote your website or your products as much as it should be. Yeah, use article submission websites, but also seek out websites specifically built around the content that fits your articles.

Unfortunately I had 10 minutes spare just now and I decided to waste it on prooving my point.

My point is that paraphrasing is actually NOT the same as copying/plagiarism, but it also is NOT what you have done.

You have copied an article EXACTLY (note - not paraphrasing but exactly) and then decided to ADD a couple of bits on to it.

This is actually more along the lines of a comprehension excercise you would have done at school.


Not that it matters, and who cares anyway, you copied an article and forgot to tell everyone that the work was not yours
(oh shit, actually you told everyone that it WAS yours, so I guess it does kinda matter, but I'm not making any money now talking shit here lol)
pieman is offline  
Digg this Post!
Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
bloodred
Arcade Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,342
bloodred is on a distinguished roadbloodred is on a distinguished roadbloodred is on a distinguished road


Default

@pieman you can't fix "stupid". This is the third day in a row this twit has posted about his brand spanking new hunting forum trying to get people to post to it. If you say anything in any of his posts contrary to what his small mind understands he tries to wiggle it around that somehow his "shit don't stink". He is never wrong in his opinion of the way he thinks things work. When you reply with an alternative opinion he gets mad saying you "crapped on" his post.

However he does not realize that he is "crapping" on the entire TA forum trying to shove his hunting forum/blog down our throats.


@dmm2020 post in a hunting forum....you might get a better response.
__________________
bloodred is offline  
Digg this Post!
Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
pieman
Preferred Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 171
pieman is on a distinguished roadpieman is on a distinguished road

MarketScore (6)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
@pieman you can't fix "stupid". This is the third day in a row this twit has posted about his brand spanking new hunting forum trying to get people to post to it. If you say anything in any of his posts he tries to wiggle it around that somehow his "shit don't stink". He is never wrong in his opinion of the way he thinks things work. When you reply with an alternative opinion he gets mad that you saying you "crapped on" his post.

However he does not realize that he is "crapping" on the entire TA forum trying to shove his hunting forum/blog down our throats.


@dmm2020 post in a hunting forum....you might get a better response.
TBH I see nothing wrong with a site about hunting, and if it has hunting games on it then why not post about it on Talk Arcades?

Just the same as posting an article and saying "I wrote this" is wrong, so is going around and abusing people because they have a site about "hunting" just because you dont like the sport.

And yes, it is a sport, just like boxing, and MMA, and tennis, and just because you dont like it or think it is morally wrong does not make it something that should not be discussed or spoke about on a forum, especially if the user is planning on making a "Hunting Games Arcade"

Anyway nice talking hope we dont end up in a big stinking argument over a difference in opinions
pieman is offline  
Digg this Post!
Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
bloodred
Arcade Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,342
bloodred is on a distinguished roadbloodred is on a distinguished roadbloodred is on a distinguished road


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieman View Post
TBH I see nothing wrong with a site about hunting, and if it has hunting games on it then why not post about it on Talk Arcades?

Just the same as posting an article and saying "I wrote this" is wrong, so is going around and abusing people because they have a site about "hunting" just because you dont like the sport.

And yes, it is a sport, just like boxing, and MMA, and tennis, and just because you dont like it or think it is morally wrong does not make it something that should not be discussed or spoke about on a forum, especially if the user is planning on making a "Hunting Games Arcade"

Anyway nice talking hope we dont end up in a big stinking argument over a difference in opinions

Maybe so but there is no games on his site and he spending most of his time trying to get people to post (for free) articles about an unrelated topic. He really could have made one post about the subject but instead he has made 3!

I also don't get how you can say it can be discussed then also accuse me of abusing him. I am fine with discussing it. It's an open forum.....but just because you don't like what I say doesn't mean I don't have a valid point in the discussion.
__________________
bloodred is offline  
Digg this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Website Translator Script - Translate your website between 53 languages coder0403 The Bazaar 7 07-16-2011 06:11 AM
50 Tricks For Website Improvement FB_Master Marketing 4 07-06-2011 10:58 PM
Free Website Monitoring and Site Status Alerts Fahd The Bazaar 0 07-19-2007 04:08 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6
© TalkArcades.com
Forum - Register - Calendar - Memberlist - FAQ - Search


Advertise here

Single Sign On provided by vBSSO